Sunday, November 19, 2017

Doesn't Consent Matter?

Order F now

Today I published my short story, F, on Kindle. It costs less than a dollar. Go and check it out. It's a good light read with a twist ending. It also happens to encapsulate an issue that everyone seems confused about today.


  • Is it okay for the government to use its police power to coerce people to submit to groping and sexual assault? Doesn't consent matter?  Is it okay if a TSA agent does it on the job as part of his duties?
  • Is it okay to use your economic power as an individual to solicit sex? Doesn't consent matter? If a Hollywood mogul requires it of an actress in order to be cast for a part, can't she just decline the offer and forgo the part? 
  • What is the difference between economic power and government power? In a free world, do you think there will be no prostitutes? Doesn't consent matter? Can prostitution be just one of the duties required of an employee who also does something else that is of value?
There you have it in a nutshell. Read the story. Leave a review. Let me know what you think.



2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying the story Aya. I want to read it thoroughly before posting my review, but the last few days I have been kind of slammed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Julia. I totally understand. Thanksgiving is upon us. Lots to do. Enjoy the holiday!

      Delete