Saturday, January 13, 2018

New Publicity for Vacuum County

Kelly Clear and Audible Vacuum County have been in the news again.

Kelly Clear in the Grant County Journal 
This makes the second news article about Audible Vacuum County since it came out. I have compiled highlights of the clippings as a video, here:


I loved the way Vacuum County was characterized as a Western novel in the article by Kim Jorgensen in the Grant County Journal. I also noticed that she used the same font as the one in the title on the book cover. Since I have been having such trouble with genre identification, I really want to embrace the Western characterization. I even rethought how I might identify some of my other novels in terms of their position on a compass rose.



If Vacuum County is a Western, then Our Lady of Kaifeng  is an Eastern, in which case Theodosia and the Pirates must be a Southern, and that makes The Few Who Count a Northern.



Vacuum County really is a Western, if you take the long view of it. It is a Western in the same sense that the word "Western" is used in "History of Western Civilization". 

No comments:

Post a Comment