Monday, February 20, 2017

The Possibilities at Audible for Vacuum County

I was thinking of F.L. Light and how much better his Audible books were faring than his print books, when help came from an unexpected quarter. Kelly Clear, a vocalist who has been singing some of the Debt Collector songs, sent me a very nice reading from Vacuum County. It just happened over this weekend, and voila! here is a short demo.


Vacuum County is my most critically acclaimed novel. However, it is not my best seller. Over the years I have made a few videos about it. There is, of course, this trailer that emphasizes the Phoenician connection.



There is also this short discussion about the Biblical inspiration for the book.


And here is the video in which I discuss how realizing that Cabeza de Vaca had to be Nabal's ancestor led me back to my book report on  Hannibal of Carthage by Mary Dolan. .


And there is also the video in which I discuss the connection to the Branch Davidians in Mt. Carmel, Texas.


There is also one video filmed outdoors in the outer pen in which I am proofing Vacuum County and reading it out loud. but we are interrupted when Leo, who was just a puppy at the time, was whining for attention, and I had to get Bow to agree that I would go help Leo. We also still had chickens at the time. You can hear the rooster crow. But it does not make much of a reading.

I by far prefer Kelly Clear's readings to my own, and I look forward to working with him on a long term project on Audible to produce a full audio version of  Vacuum County. 



Order Vacuum County

If you want to order Vacuum County, I have provided the link above. Because if you just Google it, here is what you are likely to find:



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words. I too look forward to working with you on Producing Vacuum County.

    Best Regards,
    LPS aka Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly. I almost didn't recognize you, because you looked so much like King Friday.

      Delete
  2. The reading by Kelly Clear is just that, very clear and easy to follow. Good luck with the audio version of Vacuum County.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia. It is going well, and I think it might turn out to be a big boost to interest in the novel, once it comes out.

      Delete